As an organisation, defined by the new GDPR guidelines as a Data Controller, we take our responsibilities in safeguarding your privacy seriously. We would like to outline our commitment to keeping your personal data secure in the following document.
In this document we will explain how we collect your information, how we manage your data and your rights over any personal information which belongs to you.
This document will evolve as NW8-mums grows, and we will update all future changes in accordance with their implementation in order to ensure that our operations are transparent.
This document was updated in January 2024 and is divided into the following subsections:
- Who is ‘NW8-mums?
- On what basis do we process your data?
- What is ‘personal data’?
- Why do we collect your data?
- How do we store your data?
- In what ways do we work with third parties?
- What are your rights?
- How does NW8-mums keep you informed of our work?
- Our website
- Email newsletter
- How do I get my name removed from NW8-mums Ltd mailing list?
- Social Media Platforms
- Shortened Links in Social Media
1. Who is ‘NW8-mums?
NW8-mums Ltd is a local community established with the intention of providing local and general information to the local community as well as helping families connect, and businesses connect with the local community and other businesses as well as help them grow.
2. On what basis do we process your data?
Under the legislation we have the following lawful bases for processing your data:
- Contract –we have to process personal information in order to manage your service requirements;
- Consent –we also process your personal data with your consent; for example you have contacted us directly, and have asked for more information about our various products and services, or you have attended one of our group events, or asked to be kept informed about NW8-mums by signing up to our newsletter, or following our activities on our social media. You can withdraw this consent at any time;
- Legitimate interest –when you provide your personal data to us we use it for our legitimate business interests, providing you, as our client, with a bespoke service for your business or as a private person, and establishing relevant partnerships, networking or personal relationships with organisations that will help you to achieve your business or personal goals. Before doing this, we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
3. What is ‘personal data’?
Personal data is any information about you that allows us to identify you. NW8-mums keeps the following personal data about you
- Your name and title, and names of relevant family members.
- Your address, where you have provided one.
- Your phone number and/or mobile number, where you have provided one.
- Your email address, where you have provided one.
- Any other personal, professional or business information you may have provided us with, your future personal, professional or business aspirations enabling us to help you create a bespoke service for your personal, professional or business needs.
- Details of payments which you are owing or have paid for, events which you have attended, or services rendered.
- Details of any requests you have made for information or advice from NW8-mums.
- In addition, we may have retained emails that you have sent us to book events or ask questions about NW8-mums, our activities, and the services which we can provide for you.
4. Why do we collect your data?
- As a local business, we use the information you provide us with in order to provide you with individually tailored services to help you personally, professionally or for your business.
- We also use client data for business administration purposes, and to obtain feedback as to the functioning of our business so that we can develop effectively as an organisation through the ways in which we communicate with our clientele and serve their needs.
- We also make sure that we collect data in order to be compliant with our legal responsibilities as an organisation.
5. How do we store your data?
- Your personal data is stored on laptops operated by NW8-mums’ directors. Personal data is password protected and regularly backed up.
- We keep the information for as long as we deem it necessary within the remit of the legislation. We may also need to keep financial information for a period of six financial years after the end of the financial year in which the transaction occurred, so that we can respond to any enquiries from HMRC about our income.
- Unless its retention is required by HMRC, we will delete your electronic data and securely destroy any paper-based information in accordance with legislative recommendations, after we deem your details to no longer be needed, or if you request us to do so sooner.
6. In what ways do we work with third parties?
- We only pass on information to third parties if it is necessary to perform NW8-mums’ functions, notably for inter-agency/organisational working which supports our work in providing our services for you or if we are required to do so by law.
- In order to serve the best interests of you as our clients we will, where necessary, put you in touch with other partner organisations, for example other parents, businesses or similar. We will seek your permission before doing so and ensure that only data which is necessary is shared.
- We will always seek your permission if maintaining communication with the third party, regarding the specifics of your case, is necessary for providing you with the best service, and ensure that only data necessary for managing your case is shared.
- We recognise that there may be occasions when data necessary to safeguard the safety of vulnerable children or adults is legally required to be shared with the relevant authorities.
- In the event that NW8-mums sells any, or all of itself as a business, we will inform our clientele of the process, and request that the buyer, acting as the company’s new data controller, is aware of their responsibility to act within the GDPR regulations.
7. What are your rights?
- You have a right to ask us to tell you what information we hold about you at any time.
- You also have the right at any time to correct any information we hold about you that is incorrect or out of date.
- You have a right to request that your details are removed from our mailing lists or to unsubscribe from our social media.
- You have a right to request that we delete your personal data from our files.
- Please note that we may need to keep details of payments you have made to us (and details of what these payments were for) even after your contact ends, as explained above.
- You can get in touch with us regarding the above data requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. How does NW8-mums keep you updated about our work?
- We would like to keep you informed about the work which we do, whether it be articles written for our blog or services which we provide. We will use our judgement and discretion to decide which information to pass forward. We will seek your consent before contacting you with marketing information, and may do so electronically, or via the post.
- If you decline to be contacted with marketing information, it may still be necessary for us to be in contact with you about payments owing, or services which you have purchased.
9. Our Website
- This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
- Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
- Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
- External Links– Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
- The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
- We operate an email newsletter programme, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website as well as providing you with information. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to, but need to do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
- Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website.
- Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018, you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter programme. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
- Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by far not a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
- In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will be detailed instead.
11. How do I get my name removed from NW8-mums Ltd mailing list?
- Each mailing we send you will contain details of how you can un-subscribe. Please follow un-subscribe instructions or alternatively send an email to email@example.com with the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution with regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
- This website and its owners, through their social media platform accounts, may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLS [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
- Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLS published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLS are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Sign Up for Our Newsletters
If you would like to keep in touch with NW8-mums and receive newsletters, please fill in your details below.